19 June 2010

I'm leaving Durban with heavy heart

It seems time always envy us. The last 4 days in Durban was like a blink of eyes. Now I am on my way back to Johannesburg. Durban was so fun even I didn't realise that it was time to go. I'm leaving Durban with a heavy heart.

When we arrived Durban 4 days ago I anticipated it will be something like Jberg where we would stay in a place far from the city centre. I was wrong, uncle baillo booked one of the best hotel in town so all of us could feel comfortable. Instead he and his family stayed somewhere else. That's the level of their hospitality which until today I feel honour.

Day one in Durban was all about the match, Spain v Switzerland. We knew it's gonna be an exciting game and everyone got into their Spaniard kit to show support. Our hotel was near to a shopping complex called gateaway and we decided to jump into the shuttle bas from there to the stadium. The ladies were left there for their retail therapy.

Our game started at 1600H and we got lucky to enter 15 minutes before start. It's a bit of chaos atmosphere at the stadium as everybody looking forward for a good game. On paper, it should be a good win for Spain. Nevertheless, Switzerland made the biggest upset so far in the tournament by beating Spain, the european champion 1-0. That's the beauty of world cup when underdogs play to their potential and got favourites beaten. In the end Spain remain true to its underachiever tags on a major football tourney. Sigh.

Forgetting football altogether, the 2nd day was all about shopping. Yes, we bought many things for the loves one in Malaysia. Our trip to S Africa won't complete without bringing back vuvuzelas and I myself got 10, Lutfi got another 10 and I must say that was the cheapest item we could think off for souvenirs. Most of the souvenirs i.e shirts, jerseys, badges are inflated and we could not get a good bargain. We were so into shopping and not realising that the shopping mall was closing. Yes, we made Malaysian proud for that. Haha

We ended the day by having bunny chow a local food; something u couldn't miss whenever u are in Durban. Later that night I was 'kidnapped' by gangs of four for a quick ride to town. The city was not alive after 10pm so in the end I headed to their flat for some good rest

The last day in Durban was all about visiting family friend. I had a good dhal for lunch. After saw another upset; Germany when down to Serbia, we were off to the North Beach to enjoy the coastal line. It was very windy and chill. It was so mesmerised to see the Indian ocean with many ships crossing by. At the tip of the frontview, I made a promise I will come back to enjoy Durban once more. Insya Allah

moqq
19/06/2010
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments: